The Student News Site of Delta High School
Canada+Geese%2C+which+sometimes+are+called+Canadian+Geese%2C+are+the+most+popular+species+of+geese+in+Colorado.+In+order+to+find+resources+throughout+winter+and+avoid+the+cold%2C+Canadian+geese+migrate+south.+A+popular+stopping+point+for+many+of+these+animals+is+Confluence+Lake+in+Delta%2C+Colorado.+Migrating+Canadian+Geese+can+fly+1%2C500+miles+in+24+hours%2C+meaning+most+of+the+geese+settled+in+Confluence+Lake+could+have+come+from+anywhere.+Geese+are+generally+herbivores%2C+and+feed+on+aquatic+vegetation%2C+roots%2C+grass%2C+and+young+sprouts.+They%E2%80%99re+common+feeding+times+are+in+the+early+morning+and+late+afternoon.++

Canada Geese, which sometimes are called Canadian Geese, are the most popular species of geese in Colorado. In order to find resources throughout winter and avoid the cold, Canadian geese migrate south. A popular stopping point for many of these animals is Confluence Lake in Delta, Colorado. Migrating Canadian Geese can fly 1,500 miles in 24 hours, meaning most of the geese settled in Confluence Lake could have come from anywhere. Geese are generally herbivores, and feed on aquatic vegetation, roots, grass, and young sprouts. They’re common feeding times are in the early morning and late afternoon.

Flying Into Confluence

Bath time
Chow time
Injured or not?

Delta Paw Print • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All Delta Paw Print Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *