Varsity freshman quarterback Ty Reed reflects on Delta High School’s football season

Vandi Horn

Freshman Ty Reed made a giant step forward this year by making the cut as Delta High School’s varsity quarterback. The season started out as normal as it could have until senior varsity quarterback Nathan Scharnhorst endured an injury during the second game against Salida which threw Reed into the position.

“The season had a great start to it. When Nate was injured, I was nervous that I was gonna mess up if I went in,” Reed said. However, that game Reed ran for three touchdowns. From that point on, he knew he could only grow from there with his team.

“It was a good season. I think a lot of people were surprised that we made it as far as we did and that was only possible because everyone did their job and we did what we had to do to get us there,” said Reed. The team ended with a 9-2 overall title in division 2-A.

Delta High School met their final match in Greeley against the University Bulldogs with the final score of 28 to 14 ending their season. Reed said “It was a fun season. I made good memories with my teammates.”