The Student News Site of Delta High School

A group of student editors came together to sell baked goods for the students of the school. The fundraiser is for an editor’s convention in Los Angeles, California. “The trip gives the editing team a chance to meet people who do that stuff professionally,” yearbook editor Isabella Beilfuss said.

Baking a way to L.A

Yearbook and publication student make baked goods to attend the National JEA Convention

February 11, 2022

“It took weeks of asking the principals to do the bake sale,” said sophomore Madalyn Haskins, “
When we finally got the okay, we started immediately.” They found out they could do it last Wednesday and now the editorial group plans to do the fundraiser every Friday all the way through March.
Even though the fundraiser hasn’t been active for too long, it has been very successful and has generated a respectable amount of profit. Some of the most popular items have been the banana bread, oatmeal cookies, and the spice chai cupcakes.
Baking my way to L.A
“It took six hours to make it all,” Beilfuss said. They are also giving out tickets for a drawing to the customers to give them a chance to win a free baked good. The fundraiser is being offered to students and teachers present at both the first and second lunch. (Sydnie Atchley)

Delta Paw Print • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All Delta Paw Print Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *